Sunday, July 31, 2011

Are you there Randomize? It's me, LaQuawnda

Randomize. Carlos. It was only a few weeks ago that I interviewed you in an exclusive interview. We talked about the future of Tengaged and you seemed pretty excited.

But, was that all a front? It is my belief that you do not care about Tengaged anymore. I think it's only a matter of time that you stop paying the monthly server costs to keep it opened and move on with your life. You hardly log in anymore, and you only communicate with a select few members.

You are SO detached from Tengaged, it's pathetic. I am not even a user anymore, but I talk with people on Skype, and I know more about the ongoings of your stupid site than you do. What is WRONG with you? We were rooting for you, we were all rooting for you, how DARE you?!

So, I am going to address several points.

1) Moderation selection:
Anyone whose been a member for over a week has noticed that your moderators, as a whole, suck at their jobs. There are a few exceptions. Jubbzy is great at being the game coordinator or whatever else he does. He's totally great at his job, and sometimes I feel bad for him, because he has to do it all on his one. NoelSarah is usually good, but that's because, unlike your average mod, Noel is neither an immature teen or whatever you would classify Genevere as. You choose mods who use their personal vendettas on their regular accounts, to bully, harass, and abuse their powers. For example, BioDork, who I've heard resigned his post, but still. He would ban his enemies all the time, yet would look the other way if any of his friends broke the rules. Same with je.

I've said this for ages, but ALL mods needs to be public information. They need to be posted on the FAQ or a Staff Page needs to be created. For first-hand experience, this leads to accountabilty and professionalism. Another thing: the moderators should be people who aren't personally connected to any of the users. Then again, what person would really want to dedicate their time and efforts to the bullshit that is Tengaged. You call someone a re*t*rd (censored only in case someone links this in their tengaged blog - don't want someone to read it and get offended cause they are 11 years old) and you receive a 14 day ban.  But if the shoe fits, I am gonna call it like I see it. If they are an R_____, I'll call them that.

2) Hacking, Bugs, and Bears, OH MY!:
Randomize is not a good webmaster. I know my good webmasters, and Randomize is not one of them. A good moderation is actively involved in the day to day dealings with their website. A good webmaster knows how to code. A good web master isn't a petty dumb bitch who does nothing for the site, but continue to make it worse. A good webmaster doesn't fuck up his website and then punish people severely for HIS mistakes. Randomize did nothing about the hacking, even though we all know who is responsible for it. It wouldn't be that hard to fix that issue, but rando is a dumb bitch Shunta.  Why should the 16 people who joined stars be punished for joining stars? Sure, they had to inspect elements to get in, but who the fuck cares? Nobody was able to get in because YOU fucked up the coding.. Not them. It is NOT cheating for them to FIX your mistake. I don't even like half the people in the cast, nor do I consider myself a member, but I do feel like I have a voice, and you can't punish me for speaking my mind in my own personal space. Well, then again, the site is so messed up, they probably passed a new rule that they can. IDGAF. Randomize, you are so detached from this site, you don't even care about your members, or improving your site. Sure, you talked a lot of talk during our interview about expanding and whatnot- but that was just it. TALK.  Instead of punishing the people who want to play on your site, whose only crime is making you look bad by fixing your mistake, how about you just fix the mistakes, and start focusing your time and efforts - even an hour a week would be a vast improvement - on making Tengaged a better place.

3) Broken Promises:
Randomize never keeps his promises. He comes up with these big ideas and never follows through with them. Like, recently, I saw that he came up with this ambassador thing, which would allow someone a spot in stars if the got so many likes or whatever via Facebook. I think he thought that would increase site traffic or whatever, but sorry boo, but your site has to reach more than die-hard Survivor/Big Brother/reality show fans and immature little kids in order to expand. It's called advertisements. It's called networking with other sites, getting your name out there, and trying to improve the site. I tried to help you Randomize, way back in 2009. I have connections, you are aware of this, as we've conversed many times over email. You didn't realize I was a member, but I was, and I wanted to help the site. But you dug your site's grave and now you gotta bury it yourself. I could go on and on about the broken promises you made to the site, as far as new games, rewards (those yellow blocks were supposed to result in prizes or whatever), and new features.

Randomize, I wish you luck, I really do. I appreciate the fact that you made Tengaged in the first place, otherwise I wouldn't have met some great and some annoying people. But you have lost touch with reality. You took a site built upon drama, and now have punished anyone who creates it. And now you're blaming others for YOUR mistakes. But why should you care? You have a wife and a kid that you care more about, which is totally fine. But if you're going to put family first, you have to find a co-developer or someone to help take care of the site, while you abandon it and move on. Tengaged may not be your pet project anymore, but for many users, they still like it for some reason. I don't know why, they probably are crazy, but you owe it to them to do something about your site, before it's too late. Users like me are leaving by the handful every day.

As Ferris Bueller said, Randomize: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Please. Stop. Take a look around. Before your site is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment